1. The growth of part-time and flexible working patterns, and of training and retraining schemes,________ more women to take advantage of employment opportunities.
A. have allowed B. allow C. allowing D. allows
2. You should have put the milk in the icebox; I expect it _______undrinkable by now.
A. became B. had become C. has become D. becomes
3. It was very kind of you to do the washing-up, but you _________it.
A. didn't have to do B. wouldn't have done
C. mightn't have done D. mustn't have done
4. He came back late, _______ which time all the guests had already left.
A. after B. by C. at D. during
5. America will never again have as a nation the spirit of adventure as it _______before the West was settled.
A. could B. would C. was D. did
6. There was a knock at the door. It was the second time someone ________me that evening.
A. had interrupted B. would have interrupted
C. to have interrupted D. to interrupt
7. Until then, his family___________ from him for six months.
A. didn't hear B. hasn ’ t been hearing
C. hasn't heard D. hadn't heard
8. The conference________ a full week by the time it ends.
A. must have lasted B. will have lasted
C. would last D. has lasted
9. Great as Newton was, many of his ideas _______today and are being modified by the work of scientists of our time.
A. are to challenge B. may be challenged
C. have been challenged D. are challenged
专升本 专升本英语 天津专升本